Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year, Harmattan and Lip gloss.



 Before I say anything.......HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Thank God we are alive to see 2013 (yeah, I know I'm late, but berra late than never). I pray that what the Lord will do in our lives this Year 2013 will surpass our expectations, Amen. I wish to say a very big "Thank you" to all the various readers and fellow bloggers that stopped by my blogs (on WordPress and Blogspot) and to those that left comments. 
   
 A special shout out to my UK and US readers, you guys truly rock!! I hope you can find your way here after my err....Word Press fiasco/blunder.

 The year started on a very good note and I'm all fired up and ready to go. The only thing wey dey baffle me na dis harmattan wey stylishly stroll in, siddon and cross leg with the month of January. My lips are dehydrated and in agony. Hian! Wetin I do you na harmattan?? Every time now na to apply lip gloss, the glossier the better and nothing is safe from my fingers i.e I can use any thing as long as it can reduce dryness; Pears baby oil,puff puff oil, body lotion, diesel, hair cream ( I hope I won't end up growing hair on my lips....eeeewww!!).  
                    
 A few instances, I've caught myself applying vegetable oil to my lips while I was frying shicken/ dodo (Yes, It's that bad). The last time I was careless enough to allow my lips to crack and I tasted the Ofada sauce( very hot pepper sauce) I was cooking......hmmmm.....oush!! Lemme just leave it as that (my poor lips are still tingling with pain in remembrance).

 The children are not spared either from the weather, not moisturizing their skin heavily leaves them white, as if they rolled around in Elubo (yam flour) and white powder. D2 and D3 go around with pouting lips now, no thanks to harmattan 'cos I keep applying lip gloss for them, don't blame me o, blame the harmattan. Me that used to yab parents on the programme "Toddlers and Tiaras", I didn't know my own was coming. Issorai, at least I can justify my actions. Let's see how the year goes, you guys have a fabulous weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Lol I can imagine D2 and D3 going around with pouts on their faces! I will need to set up an alert on your blog( yet to figure that out yet).

    Happy New Year and welcome back!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hilarious, I just turn a blind eye.I think you should subscribe by email for new posts. Happy New year dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extra crispy lipz...lol

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from readers...